- Health & Social Care
- Functional skills
- Contact Us
GCSE Maths Exam
EDEXCEL International GCSE (9-1) Maths video
Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9–1) in Mathematics
- The assessments will cover the following content headings:
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Geometry and measures
- Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher (content is defined for each tier).
- Each student is permitted to take assessments in either the Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- The qualification consists of three equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- All three papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
- Paper 1 is a non-calculator assessment and a calculator is allowed for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
- Each paper is 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- Each paper has 80 marks.
- The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across all three papers.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier. (See the section Breakdown of Assessment Objectives for more information.)
- Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
- See Appendix 3 for a list of formulae that can be provided in the examination (as part of the relevant question).
- Two assessment series available per year: May/June and November*.
- First assessment series: May/June 2017.
- The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
- Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
- Higher tier: grades 4 to 9 (grade 3 allowed)